COVID19 Information

UK Based UK travel experts:

0343 658 0210

Weekdays: 9am - 5pm




Frequently Asked Questions

For policies purchased on or after the 01st August 2023

Please click here to view your frequently asked questions.

For policies purchased between 14 April 2020 and 31 July 2023, please find your FAQ's below. 

Does my policy cover me for Coronavirus Covid-19?

For policies purchased after 14 April 2020:

See our special coronavirus information page by clicking here.

For policies purchased between 24 April 2019 and 13 April 2020:


Because the World Health Organisation declared the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic on 11 March 2020 this is now a known event. This affects the cover provided by Ageas Travel Insurance policies. Any policies purchased on or after 14 March 2020 will not include cover under any section (apart from the Medical Expenses section ) for claims directly or indirectly caused by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes any preventative containment or delay measures. For any policies issued before 14 March 2020 cover remains as per the policy terms and conditions.

These policies will not provide any cover if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) are advising against all but essential travel to your destination.  In the present circumstances as the FCO advice on foreign travel is susceptible to rapid and significant change, we strongly recommend that you visit the FCO website to check the up to date advice against your actual or potential travel plans.  You can check whether your destination is on the exempt countries list here.

Am I covered if I need emergency medical treatment and get sent to a private facility?

This is not a private health insurance policy. The Insurer will pay for private treatment only if there is no appropriate reciprocal health agreement in existence and no public service available and the Insurer reserves the right to organise a transfer from a private medical facility to a public medical facility where appropriate.

If you are taken/or go to a private medical facility, costs that arise will only be covered if you have contacted  the emergency medical assistance company and any treatment has been authorised by them.

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is included for pregnancy. However it relates solely for complications that arise during the course of the pregnancy because being pregnant is not considered to be a medical condition. This means that only certain circumstances that are caused by complications in a pregnancy are covered. It is really important that you check this cover in the policy wording. The appropriate section can be found in the Meaning of Words under Complications of Pregnancy and Childbirth.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. You have agreed to pay towards a claim under each section of the policy. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (formerly E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

  1. Any medical condition where you have been prescribed medication, including repeat prescriptions, or received treatment or attended a GP or a specialist as an outpatient or inpatient in the last 2 years or for which you are currently on a waiting list for treatment or investigation; and
  2. Any heart, heart-related or circulatory condition; or any respiratory condition or any liver condition; any stress, anxiety, depression or any other psychological condition or any cancerous condition.

If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please call 01293 855855 to assess if you are eligible to obtain full cover for the condition(s) disclosed.

For more information, please refer to the "Important - Medical Health Declaration" section of the policy wording.

How do I make a claim on my policy?

To claim for travel insurance: phone the Claims Helpline on 02380 177285 and ask for a claim form. If you are claiming in respect to your timeshare holiday then you must provide a copy of the timeshare management agreement when submitting a claim.

To claim under the Gadget Upgrade: please call 01285 626020.

How many children can I insure on a Family policy?

The maximum number of dependent children under 18 living at home is 4 on a family policy.

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the policy wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract do not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside 14 days.

What Winter Sports are covered?

Provided you have paid the Winter Sports upgrade, and you are under the age of 65, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire, ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:

  • Air boarding
  • Big Foot Skiing
  • Blade Skating
  • Bum Boarding
  • Cross Country/Nordic Skiing
  • Dog Sledging
  • Dry Skiing
  • Glacier Walking
  • Huskey Dog Sledging (organised and non-competitive)
  • Ice Karting
  • Ice Skating
  • Ice Windsurfing
  • Kick Sledging
  • Langlauf
  • Ski-Blading
  • Skiing - Alpine
  • Skiing Off-Pste with a guide
  • Skiing Off-Piste
  • Sledging
  • Sledging pulled by horse or reindeer as a passanger
  • Snow Boarding
  • Snow Mobiling
  • Snow Show Walking
  • Snow Tubing
  • Tobogganing
  • Winter Walking (using crampons and ice picks only)

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

  • Please contact International Medical Rescue on 00 44 (0) 2380 177474.
  • You must contact the medical emergency assistance team as soon as possible before incurring expenses over £500.
  • You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and the excess must be paid by you at the time of treatment.
  • Note: If you are physically unable to contact the assistance team then you or someone designated by you must contact the team within 48 hours.

Can we travel independently on our Couple/Family travel insurance policy?

Adults over the age of 18 can travel independently, all children must be accompanied by an insured adult.

What is the difference between Silver and Gold cover?

These are the different levels of cover offered under this policy. Silver offers the most basic level of cover with the highest excesses. Gold cover provides the widest range of cover and the highest levels of protection for you and requires you to pay the least amount of excess. As a result Gold cover is the more expensive choice however ensures that you have the best protection.

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy can be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. If you have any difficulties receiving your policy documents, please call us on 01293 855972.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes, our policies have a maximum age limit of 85. NOTE that the maximum age to add Winter Sports cover is 64 when you buy the policy.

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No, we only offer cover to residents of the United Kingdom.

Can I go scuba diving when travelling?

Scuba diving to a depth of 30 metres (within organisers guidlines) is covered. The policy can be upgraded to include scuba diving to a depth of 50 metres for an additional premium.

Can children purchase cover if they are under the age of 18?

Yes, but they must pay the adult premium for their cover and must comply with any airline rules in terms of travelling as a minor. The policy can only be issued by calling Travel Insurance on 01293 855972.

What products do you offer?

  • Single Trip policies. 
  • Annual Multi Trip policies with maximum trip duration of 31 days
  • For Individuals, Couples and Families (including Single Parent Families)
  • Including optional covers for Winter Sports, Gadget and Cruise cover.

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Delta.

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. Without them the insurer cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements to make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. If your travel arrangements change then you must call Netflights immediately on 01293 855972. You must be able to provide the correct Period of Insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your certificate of insurance and a copy of the full policy wording - these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the policy wordings. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend travelling to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. We would advise you to obtain a Form CM1 from your local main Post Office. On returning this, duly completed, to the main Post Office you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40).

NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost or your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

You can change or upgrade your policy at any time as long as you have not made a claim. Please contact Netflights on 01293 855972 for amendments and upgrades.

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium?

  • Aerobics
  • Archery
  • Archeological Digging
  • Assault Course
  • Badminton
  • Banana Boating
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Beach games
  • Bungee Jump (up to 3)
  • Billiards/Snooker/Pool
  • Black Water Rafting (grade 1-4)
  • Blade Skating
  • Bowls
  • Bum Boarding
  • Camel riding
  • Canoeing (grade 3)
  • Catamaran Sailing
  • Clay Pigeon Shooting
  • Climbing (on Climbing Wall only)
  • Cricket
  • Croquet
  • Curling
  • Cycle touring
  • Cycling
  • Deep Sea Fishing
  • Dinghy Sailing
  • Dry Skiing
  • Falconry
  • Fell Walking/Running
  • Fencing
  • Fishing
  • Fives
  • Flow Riding
  • Football (amateur, not main purpose of trip)
  • Glass Bottom Boats/Bubbles
  • Golf
  • Handball
  • Helicopter Tours (fare paying, not for more than 2hrs)
  • Hiking / Trekking (under 2,000m altitude)
  • Horse Riding (no polo, hunting, jumping)
  • Hot Dogging (grades 1 - 3)
  • Hovercraft driving / passenger
  • Ice Skating
  • Inner Tubing
  • Jogging
  • Kite Surfing
  • Korfball
  • Mountain Biking
  • Marathons
  • Netball
  • Octopush
  • Orienteering
  • Outwardbound Pursuits
  • Paintballing
  • Parascending (over water)
  • Pony Trekking
  • Power Boating (no racing or competition)
  • Racquetball
  • Rambling
  • Refereeing
  • Ringos
  • River Canoeing
  • Roller Blading (Line Skating / Skateboarding)
  • Rounders
  • Rowing
  • Running, Sprint / Long Distance
  • Safari
  • Sail Boarding
  • Sailing (in territorial waters only)
  • Sandboarding
  • Sand Dune Surfing / Skiing
  • Sand Yachting
  • Scuba Diving (max depth 30 metres)
  • Sledging
  • Snorkelling
  • Soft Ball
  • Speed Sailing
  • Squash
  • Surfing
  • Swimming
  • Swimming with Dolphins
  • Table Tennis
  • Tennis
  • Tenpin Bowling
  • Trampolining
  • Track Events
  • Tree Canopy Walking
  • Triathlon
  • Volleyball
  • Wake Boarding
  • Walking
  • Water Polo
  • Water Skiing
  • Whale Watching
  • White/Black Water Rafting (Grade 1 to 4)

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium but where there is reduced cover in respect of any Personal Accident and Personal Liability sections?

  • Abseiling
  • Boxing training (no contact)
  • Camel trekking
  • Dog Sledding
  • Elephant riding or trekking
  • Flying as a passenger (private / small aircraft)
  • Go karting (recreational use)
  • Hiking / Trekking (over 2,000m under 6,000m altitude)
  • Hockey
  • Hot air ballooning
  • Hurling (amateur)
  • Jet boating
  • Jet skiing
  • Kayaking
  • Martial Arts (Training Only)
  • Motorcycling (under 125cc)
  • Sea Canoeing

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium, but where there is reduced cover in respect of any Personal Accident and Personal Liability sections?

  • American Football (amateur)
  • Canyoning
  • Gliding
  • Gorge Walking
  • Hand Gliding
  • High Diving (amateur, excluding cliff diving)
  • Horse Jumping (no polo, hunting)
  • Micro Lighting
  • Paragliding
  • Parasailing
  • Parascending (over land)
  • Rock Climbing (under 2,000 metres)
  • Rock Scrambling (under 4,000 metres)
  • Rugby (amateur)
  • Scuba Diving (max depth 50 metres)
  • Spearfishing (without tanks)
  • Tandem Skydive (up to 2 jumps per trip)
  • Tobogganing
  • Trekking (4,001-6,000 metres)
  • Via Ferrata
  • White/Black Water Rafting (Grade 5 to 6)
  • Yachting (Racing/Crewing) – outside territorial waters

Which Special Sports and Activities are not covered under any circumstances?

  • Any form of motor racing, speed, performance or endurance test
  • Base jumping
  • Cave diving / Caving
  • Cliff Diving
  • Flying as a pilot
  • Heli-skiing
  • Horse racing
  • Hunting / Shooting
  • Hunting on horseback
  • Ice hockey
  • Luge
  • Martial arts (competition)
  • Microlighting
  • Motor racing (all types)
  • Mountaineering
  • Point-to-point
  • Polo
  • Professional sports
  • Quad biking
  • Rock climbing (Over 2,000 metres)
  • Rock scrambling (Over 4,000 metres)
  • Shark feeding / Cave diving
  • Skeleton
  • Ski acrobatics
  • Ski flying
  • Ski jumping
  • Ski racing (unless organised as part of a ski lesson)
  • Ski stunting
  • Skiing off piste outside a recognised & authorised area
  • Steeple chasing
  • Team sports played in competitive contests
  • Wrestling
  • Motor rallying
  • Mountaineering
  • Parachuting
  • Paragliding/parapenting
  • Power boat racing
  • Power lifting
  • Professional sports of any kind
  • Quad biking
  • River bugging
  • Rock climbing
  • Rodeo
  • Roller hockey
  • Shark diving (in cage)
  • Sky diving
  • Speed trials/time trials
  • Triathlon
  • Water ski jumping
  • Weight lifting
  • Wrestling

Will this policy cover me if my Trip has been Dynamically Packaged?

Yes, cover is provided irrespective of how your Trip / holiday has been packaged together.

Start your travel insurance quote!

Netflights offers competitive cover for your Single and Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance.